View Single Post
      05-04-2012, 09:59 PM   #28
RPM90
Major General
Rep
Drives: 340i M-sport AT

Quote:
Originally Posted by tracer bullet View Post
If it's confirmed it was confirmed in his post after mine, after the work was done, not before. Not sure what your point is.

Still doesn't make sense, TOB spins with the clutch pedal in, not out. I don't normally see things making noise when they sit still, only things nearby that are moving. Makes me wonder what if anything else was replaced, adjusted, or tightened during the procedure. Unless we were there during the install we'll never know for sure.

Whatever, doesn't matter, fixed is fixed. That's always a good thing. Noises like this (whatever they are from), even when called "cosmetic" are annoying as hell! Congrats on that at least, and getting it done under warranty.
What do you mean, what do I mean? Just kidding.
I was just pointing out that even though there is question about the noise being from the TOB, in this case it is the TOB.

So, I mean nothing bad with my comment.

As far as can the TOB make noise when the clutch pedal is not pressed in, I wrote a post addressing that very question.

To recap it, I too had a car with a bad/worn TOB, and it too made noise when the pedal was out, and the noise stopped when the pedal was pushed in. In my post about that, above, I offered an explanation of how that can be.
I know it's odd, as many say a bad TOB should only make noise when the clutch is disengaged, pedal in.
Yet, some say that it happens when the clutch is engaged, pedal out.
So with the noise being there when the pedal is out, it may be something else, like a input shaft bearing.
But, in many cases the noise with the pedal out has been the TOB, and some times all it takes is simply to grease it.
Please read my discussion post above and feel free to comment.

Last edited by RPM90; 05-05-2012 at 12:18 AM..
Appreciate 0