06-21-2013, 02:33 PM   #7
ozinaldo
Brigadier General
Portugal
Rep
Drives: 1M

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmw13 View Post
It definitely is! Thanks! I have a better understanding now. Should I maybe witch tires then? But, I honestly am concerned now about the DSC. I do not run my DSC off as it is too risky for daily driving, but I do use MDM daily rain or shine. I do not want the traction light to come on anymore than it already does, that is for certain. Decisions, decisions...
The DSC will likely be more intrusive, miscalculating the tire revs, on certain occasions at the very least. Can't be at such a level like I would call a huge and unacceptable difference but I believe can't be "no difference" as well, something got to be different. I decided not to do it myself and I will go next time either 255/275 35s front and rear like most do; or will see if I have the balls to do 275/30 front and 295/30 rear. I am leaning toward the simpler and mild upgrade, 255/275. I am OK with stock sizes anyway, as long as tires are PSS or something at that level so a mild upgrade could suffice. Both those sizes are much closer to stock set up than the one with 285/30 which also limits tire choice (no PSS for instance).

You have the KW which adds to complexity of this decision, especially if you are decided to go lower. As usual, it is very much to do with where and how you drive your car (track/DD or mixed), if you need to consider good tire manners in rain and also if you want to stay with stock wheels or not. A good 18" wheel shall give you yet another range of tire options to choose from.

Good luck
BMW 1M-SOLD-: TECH: Evolve Race+N55mids, Evolve IC, Michelin PSS, ER cp, aFe filter, CDVx, Vorshlag camber plates, BMS OCC EXTERIOR: trunk spoiler, blacklines, black grills, IND goodies INTERIOR: Alcantara steering wheel, steel pedals, custom mats, MPower e-brake.
Appreciate 0