Captain
Rep
Drives: 2007 BMW 335i

Garage List
2006 Volvo V70R  [10.00]
2007 BMW 335i  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by amancuso View Post
Wow, great shots, I envy your jet-setting lifestyle!!
It certainly is one of the few benefits, that and the 7-weeks vacation (if only they paid more, then you could really make good use of it...). The list of places we have been: Paris, London, Berlin, Brussels, Prague, Rome, Istanbul, Brasov (Romania), Veliko Tarnovo (Bulgaria), Black Forest, Rhine Valley (Germany), Champagne region (France), Luxembourg, Venice, Florence, Tuscany, Amsterdam, Madrid, and other smaller places within driving distance. And yes, basically all of our disposable income goes to travel... but that was half the purpose of moving here.

I don't regret moving here, but certainly miss the States sometimes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by larryn View Post
Rob, great pics! We miss you there too. I've never gotten to Stelvio Pass, but always jealous of those who do. I always wondered if it was a combo of butt pucker and coolness, and it seems that it your experience. Nice to see you are making the most of it!

I hope you were able to take the Jungfraubahn up from Grindelwald, when you visited Interlaken. Pretty much a spiritual experience.
Yeah, Stelvio is pretty awe-inspiring, but not the most fun driving road. I certainly don't regret going that way, even if it added 4 extra hours to our driving. Pictures can never do those massive landscapes any justice...

We are actually staying in Lauterbrunnen and plan to get out to some of the mountains. I am sure we will hit Grimmelwald (since we are in that valley) and may head over to Grindelwald. We will surely also go to one of the peak (Schilthorn or Jungfraujoch) as well. Anything up there should be amazing.

If you are interested, I attached a google earth file so you can see the route as logged by our GPS. I like to turn on terrain and you can really see how you drive up valley, mountains, etc... pretty cool. It also is cool for hiking if you have a trail GPS. Just unzip and open the kmz file in Google Earth.

There's a chance we may be back in the area in the 2nd half of 2012, but it is still pretty uncertain now and depends on all the practical stuff (jobs, etc.).

Keep enjoying things there and drive safe!
Attached Files
File Type: zip italy_GPS_google maps.zip (147.8 KB, 105 views)

FORMERLY: 128i coupe
Alpine White | Sports Package | Black Leather

Last edited by Artmasterx; 06-18-2011 at 04:40 PM..
Appreciate 0