champignon
Disrupter
United_States
Rep
Drives: 1M;Z3M Cp;135is Vert, 996TT

Quote:
Originally Posted by doug_999 View Post
????

Once again, they guarantee that the car will not have one of the issues they cover and if it does, they will make it right. I'm still at a loss as to how he (or she) thinks that they even comment on the condition of the car. Look to Mannheim if you want that info.

Once again, Carfax does not imply any condition of a car. Please show me this - it might be new, and maybe I missed it, because it all the Carfax reports I've seen, nothing has ever been "implied". I've pointed out what they list and if it is not on there, then it is not on there - once again, they are not perfect (I know people who have clean carfaxes with accidents) - but they never state the "condition" of the car. Just the publicly available information.
OK, then you think that the "publicly available information" on 700-odd (or almost 1000, counting Canadian) cars is worth more than I think it is worth.

As to the "guarantee" from Carfax or Autocheck, I would suggest that it is worth about as much as the ebay guarantee is worth on cars sold through that platform. I once thought I might have to file a claim on that (ebay) guarantee, and found out quickly that the guarantee terms are so full of holes that they make Swiss Cheese look solid :-)