Rep
Drives: '08 128i

Garage List
1992 Honda Beat  [9.50]
2008 BMW 128i  [10.00]
2014 BMW 528i  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by chris_flies View Post
I had a problem with the rebuild kit. I tightened it enough so that it wouldn't prevent it from turning at all, but tight enough so that there wasn't too much play, but the pin ended up backing out and separated the halves of the casing. I was just having a bunch of issues with it.

Much fiddling later, I've put the original flap and pin/gear back in, and it's good. We'll see if it just needed an assembly/disassembly to work out whatever kink there was, if there was ever an issue at all.

Oh well...now I know how to actuate them in INPA
That's sorta what happened to me. I think the rebuild kit only works for 1 revision of the DISAs. I just cranked it down and greased it and it worked. The flap ended up being pretty tight, but it actuated fine. If you look at my youtube channel (same name) I have a video of it.

On my friends disa, it actually worked like it should- it was tightened fully but the flap opened and closed very easily. Not like ours where it actually prevented the flap from being resistance free.

As long as it works who cares lol. I was thinking of just biting the bullet and getting brand new DISAs so I have the latest revision, no hacked up rebuild kits and question motor/driver board health (as in where the flap only sorta opens slowly)

And again, considering the N54 IM to avoid these issues. Decisions.
Appreciate 1