06-29-2012, 09:03 AM   #313
NYC6
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: '10 135i PPKI/06 C6 Z51 Vette

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSt|G View Post
And yet, for all it's speed and and smoothness, DCT is often cited as the weakest part of the car in performance driving.

Yes, great, the vast majority. It's because of their incompetence that the manual is going away, traction control is driving the car for us, and turbos are spoiling proper driver's cars.
news flash......You're not 'the stig'!
You bought the least powerful 1 series and looking at your list of mods, I see nothing that improves handling or power, unless debadging counts towards reduced track times, you're much more concerned with looks and deception not improving performance. You constantly rant about manual transmissions as if you need to have a F1 qualification to drive one. I taught my daughter to drive one in about an hour. Its not difficult at all. There was a day where every car was a stick, everyone(including grannies) drove em. Having a manual transmission car doesnt make you any better of a driver than those who dont have one.
Most of the cars I've come in contact with the TC can be turned off with the push of a button. But yet you try to make that a point, a moot one.

'Turbos are spoiling proper drivers cars'? A nonsensical statement usually made by those who couldnt pony up the extra for the F/I cars. The owners of Ferrari F40's, GT2's, GTR's any many other world beater turbo cars laugh at your ridiculous statements. You keep on posing stiggy, most see through your BS.
Appreciate 0