05-25-2018, 09:31 PM   #37
E30ROB
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 X5 35i M Sport AW3

Garage List
UPDATE: 5/25/18

Been very busy with work and other things haven't time to post but I did however have time for working on the car. Last month I actually wrecked the car and took the time down to do the front end genuine 1M conversion.

Along with the 1M front end conversion, I added a carbon front lip from a buddy of mine in Maryland, if anyone would like one shoot me an PM for best pricing!!

Black carpet, console, and Recaro SPG PROFI seats went in.

Progress will come to a hault as I lost my job yesterday due to this car. After wrecking the car, I brought it to my dealership (southern states Mazda of Raleigh) for the insurance company to send an adjuster out and build an estimate.

In the process the body shop crushed the brand new belly pan I installed, and I was willing to live with that since I already purchased the correct one for the 1M (which I now think is the same as the 135i with different front piece). But after that incident I brought the car to the main shop where I worked, to have the suspension repaired.

Repair went badly, the technician pressed in a new bushing into a cracked knuckle and realized it was cracked after pressing in $90 bushing. Idiot.
After I purchased a new knuckle I had him finish the job. Once he buttoned it up, it was due for an alignment, however it got the complete opposite...

After finishing the suspension work the technician drove across the dealership to the Subaru shop to use their alignment rack, but it was full so he had to turn around. As I was walking outside to move a car in progress, I saw him drive over a massive parking block with my car, RUINING the undercarriage shields and transmission pan.

I then brought this to the attention of my General Manager and 3 other lower managers. A few days go by and I get asked a bunch of questions and then silent for a few days after. Which led to me pressing them for reimbursement of about $600 in total damages done. Some arguments were had, in respectable manors mostly, but unfortunately they were thick headed and fired me for denying their shady $200 payment from the technicians pocket. I'm now in the middle of a lawsuit. Its not the money that bothers me, its the sheer disrespect and shadiness of this company.

Anywho, onto more positive things!

This means I can continue to work on the car myself and gt things done the right way. Subframe bushings, alignment and corner balance, oil pan gasket next!

I will post photos of the car in the morning and edit this update post.
Attached Images

Last edited by E30ROB; 05-25-2018 at 09:44 PM..
Appreciate 1
Matticus913474.50