04-11-2019, 03:02 PM   #55
caustics
Enlisted Member
Germany
Rep
Drives: M140i

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjn77 View Post
I'll be in Bern on Thursday night so heading over to the loop on Friday morning. The loop will take most of the day.

Where do people fancy for Sat & Sun? Could start heading east and cover Fluela / Albula / Julier / Spulga / Brenner Passes and Gurglerstrasse?

All depends on how far people want to drive in a day?
Okay, then I'll book something in or near Bern aswell for Thursday, so we can head to the passes on Friday.

Friday to Saturday, I suggest a stay in or near Andermatt. Then head east on saturday via Operalp Pass / Lukmanier / San Bernardino / Splügen / Julier / (Albula). That itself are quite a few passes to drive and I'm not sure we should do more. So maybe stay in or near St. Moritz for the night. That pretty much covers half of Switzerland.

Sunday could be a small loop over Albula / Fluela / Stelvio / Gurglerstraße... And then I'm actually a bit lost. Großglockner is still some way to go, but between Grossglockner on Monday evening and Stelvio sunday noon is still a lot of time. It's possible to quickly go there, but I think that is not the point. Are there must-drive roads "behind" Stelvio towards Großglockner? It's possible to go through Sella Ronda (but that skips Gurglerstraße) to go towards Großglockner... any more ideas for sunday / monday?

Who else wants to join us?

http://www.drivescape.de - roadtrips through beautiful landscapes (mostly with a BMW M140i)
Appreciate 0