View Single Post
      10-14-2019, 02:29 PM   #1
1toOne
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW 135i

New 2009 135i Owner

Hi all, I just picked up a 135i last Tuesday. Came in white and has the 18 inch wheels, but not M wheels, and Comfort Access CA. Really enjoyed the clutch / steering / motor feel compared to the 128i so decided to jump on it. Got it in the shop right now, getting ready to put it on Turo!

I had a couple of things wondering if anyone could chime in on.

1. The dealership PPI I got did not check the heater, charged me $200 for the PPI though. I found out today that the heater core is clogged and they want almost $3,000 to replace it! That is engine rebuild money. I think they are crazy and I am planning to dispute my PPI for being worthless. Anyone know if I can run a hose or compressed air through the core to see if the block clears? Looking at the internets a couple people seem to have fixed this with a thorough flush.

2. The driver's side door lock doesn't work via remote or CA. I hear the mechanism going though, and the manual door lock works just fine. Hope this is just an actuator.

3. Thinking of running an aux Bluetooth adapter. Anyone have good luck with those? Wondering if I can pair my phone to the in car Bluetooth for calls and adapter for audio.

4. The valve cover gasket is leaking, and the dealer wanted me to replace the gasket and the entire cover. Anyone doing this? I would hope it wouldn't warp as long as I take the bolts off in a staggered pattern.

5. Best value performance tires? Looking for under $100 a piece. Doesn't get very cold here for long so I think I can run summers all year.

Thanks all!
Appreciate 0