View Single Post
      07-12-2018, 09:32 AM   #148
rad doc
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 1M AW loaded

Quote:
Originally Posted by Db750 View Post
No. Absolutely not. Not in any specific way, or as a whole.

This kind of groupie following seems to happen in any enthusiast market surrounding a more "limited" product, especially online communities, where the very small but very vocal minority incessantly preach their praises as gospel.

97% of ///M cars beat the 1M sitting perfectly still with the keys in their owners pocket. The thing looks like the hunchback of Notre Dame had a one night stand with Flavor Flav.

"But the 1M has pappy's Ole Stick".... Sure, and my neighbor mows his own lawn. Takes him twice as long and he ends up with dog shit on his shoes.

The 1M is no more special today then it was when it was announced - a pile of recycled parts slapped together around an N, I repeat N, 54.

Amazing what a bunch of fanatics can do to a products supposed online popularity. Remember, if this was religion, you guys would be a cult and it would be frowned upon.
The looks are polarizing I agree. However, driving it is a blast and hence why it will always be considered a classic. If you haven't had the opportunity to drive one you should. Now the M6 to me is a giant boat. Had one for a bit and couldn't wait to get rid of it. Guess that is why BMW gives us a choice! If you are going down the grand touring route I would go Aston. Interestingly we have a similar line up. 1M, 997 TT-S, and '18 Raptor for me.
Appreciate 1