Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: TBD

Garage List
2008 135i  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by eunosracr View Post
Are the units in stock and ready to ship?
I'm guessing that based on tjockey's reply below that I didn't get any special treatment and that units are shipping, but I'll let cp-e jump in and answer for sure... :smile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjockey View Post
Mine was shipped today....yehhhhhhhh.......Can't wait until the weekend to put 'er on....May take me more than 2 hours....for the socket challenged....Don't have a lift either but do have a camera...Can't guarantee anything....Please ignore any plasma remnants that may be in the pics.....language not suitable for small children.....

Thanks Josh and the gang....Good 'ol made in the USA products...
You're going to absolutely love it, man. Doing it alone I think I would have needed close to another hour; however, if I had to do it alone after having done it once I could pull it off in close to 2 hours. I wish I could remember all of the tools I used to give you a hand, but honestly can't recall. I DO know that you'll need either a reverse torx set or some "easy outs" to get one of the brackets holding the stock exhaust up - just a heads-up!

Also, I'm not sure what you have access to, but I found the easiest method to get the car off the ground was through the use of 2 jacks and 3 jack stands.

Here's the process I used:
  1. Chocked the front wheels for safety-sake.
  2. Jacked up the rear of the car using the differential case as a jack point.
  3. Placed 2 of the jack stands under the rear plastic jack points.
  4. Lowered the jack and move it to one of the two front jack points and the other jack to the opposite side.
  5. Had someone help evenly jack the car up (this could have been done alone by jacking a few pumps at a time and alternating between sides).
  6. Once the car was up in the air we placed the 3rd jack stand under the center pad towards the front of the car. Lower the jacks slightly to put pressure on this stand and then gave each jack a 1/4-1/2 pump to keep the weight evenly distributed in the front.
**This process is for informational purposes only. If anyone reading this follows these directions and hurts themselves in the process it's not my fault!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Papito135 View Post
Is the muffler section straight thru or chamber design?
Wish I could answer that question for you... I'll leave that up to cp-e to speak on.
Appreciate 0