View Single Post
      02-15-2012, 09:25 PM   #33
Papethova
Banned
Rep
Drives: '08 135/ '11 1M

Quote:
Originally Posted by -Z- View Post
some mods don't make sense to me. why?! I don't see an improvement in looks OEM vs mesh, imagine those white plastic pieces getting dirty?

If you really dislike OEM plastics, paint over it to match the body, imho it would have been better...
The plastic insert looked cheap to me. Thats why.

Painting the insert body color will result in losing any contrast it provides. That is taking a step towards the Singapore white out.

IMO the mesh adds more depth and dimension to the look. Every high dollar car I have owned had a screen or a mesh over the openings or scoops. Maybe thats why I have grown accustomed to the look. The plastic insert looked cheap to me. Besides I dont want to be cleaning and polishing the little nook it creates.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrRoboto View Post
^ Kind of agree. I like the mesh but don't want to see the white plastic behind it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZCP M3 View Post
Like the idea, dislike the white bumper supports that show when it's implemented.
Like I said I plan to paint the white or put in a black panel behind the mesh. I didnt know how much white was going to show when I started the thread. The passenger side wasnt done and thats the side with all the white.

Also realize I took these pics laying on the floor level with the openings. Standing up you see no white on the driver side, but as I have mentioned as you step further away you see less mesh and more opening. When I get a chance I will remove the bumper and either trim/paint the white or put in a black barrier.
Appreciate 0