View Single Post
      09-04-2016, 04:55 PM   #51
$iriu$black
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2012 BMW 128

So I bled my brakes for the first time earlier and was surprised that the bleeder screw at the rears were MUCH much smaller than 11mm so that my box end wrench on hand was useless. Had no choice but to use an adjustable wrench, going really really carefully.

Also, I did flush one full liter of ATE type 200, as I don't know when the last brake job was done on this car though I owned it for about three yrs now (I know it's a year late this brake flush). Surprisingly the fluid was clean and still amber when it came out.

Still took me a good afternoon as this was my first time. Will it matter if I mistakenly bled the LF first before RF? It was so hot in the parking lot I got confused!

Now how do you know if the bleeding made a difference? Pedal still feels the same I think. It always felt that the bite came after depressing the pedal about half an inch. It did stop when needed or when the pedal was pressed firmly on my test drive though so I guess I did it right. It might only feel different I guess if new pads were installed. I just did a fluid flush.

My car is a 2012 128.
Appreciate 0