View Single Post
      10-31-2016, 10:14 AM   #34
Bubes29
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2010 128i

Just did my install over the weekend! I started late Friday night and I couldn't finish in time due to lack of light. I opted to leave the hanger bolted in for the right-side, and just used an extra healthy serving of wd-40 to slide the exhaust right out of the bushing. I did the same for both bushings/hangers and it only took me about 20 minutes. I have the non-m bumper so I couldn't remove anything to free up some extra space. It was tough to maneuver up in there at first but I was able to use a tiny flat-head screwdriver to get in between the bushing and the exhaust and slide it out that way. Other than getting the exhaust out of the bushings, the install was a breeze!

If you have the vibration absorber, like my 2010 coupe does, I would leave that off the new exhaust until after it is installed... that little rubber absorber weighs nearly as much as the rest of the exhaust!

Of course, the sound is amazing. I also had some vibration in the floorboards on my first drive but it went away after one highway drive. I can't wait to hear some of the mellow burbles once I break the exhaust in.

Thanks again for the original write-up! Great work.
Appreciate 0