crzy4135i
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 08 135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by robert.payne View Post
Crazy,

My local dealer, who wouldn't even consider my offer, said that the benefits to me for buying at MSRP from them were multiple 1) I'd get quality service 2) I'd have a loaner vehicle when mine came in for service and 3) a contact to assist me should the need arise.

My wife and I have owned four BMWs over the past few years, none of which were purchased from my local dealership. However, all have been serviced from my local dealership. Each time I've received good service and have never had a problem getting a contact to assist me when needed. As for the loaner, sometimes I get one, sometimes I don't. But we're a two car family so not that big a deal. Alternatively, with the money I saved on this deal, I could just get a rental and still come out ahead.

Just my two cents,

-robert
Yea, that makes sense. I'm going to my dealership after work tomorrow with $2500 deposit money in hand. I'll let him know I have the down payment cash ready but need $1500 off msrp, especially if they have a $500 paperwork fee. If not, I'll give valley auto bmw a call. I'm not that far from North Carolina. I'm sure my local dealership would still be happy to sell me the $2k dinan upgrade even if I bought the car from NC. I'm interested in ordering the car pretty much loaded so it should be easier for them to deal with $1500. I'm not sitting in there for 5 hours like I did the last time. 45 minutes and I'm out.