akak1997
Major
Rep
Drives: BMW 135 @ 135mph

Garage List
2008 135i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeremyc74 View Post
I think you guys may be getting excited a little too soon with this thing. We all thought the 881 pump was going to correct this, and it seems like it was worse if anything.

I hate to sound negative about it, but it's going on 4 years now that they've known about this issue, and I just don't have a lot of confidence that the fuel pump is even the real issue.
A new pump May or May Not fix the problem, but we know the 881 pump didn't fix it.
Also, we have no clue as what actually causes the pump the fail, it could be the pump, or bad gas/additives, heat, driving habits, etc... But seems like BMW believe is the pump, that's why there are 3 gens of pumps already. I mean really, the only thing we can do is hope BMW figured a cheap way for them to fix this, or else, we'll be back to replacing pumps every 1000miles.

Sounds grim, I know, but what else could we do? The CP-E pump got Zero news lately, I guess they're busy working on the intercooler and oil cooler, which makes sense. I mean, it'll be tough for a company to invest a lot of money to R&D a product when they got bashed just talking about working on a solution...
Appreciate 0