View Single Post
      04-13-2019, 10:23 PM   #4
chassis
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 9Y0 Cayenne S

Garage List
The Atlas is quite a large vehicle. If your dad is a big guy, this will suit him well. However it is not a luxury marque, so mom is not happy. I had a recent model Touareg, and the Atlas is noticeably larger than the Touareg.

The Mercedes GLE is the comparably-sized model to the Atlas and the BMW X5. I have a GLE350 and like it a lot. The base model seats are relatively flat and large-bottomed. I imagine larger folks will find the seats comfortable. I am 6' and average/leaner than average build, and find the seats enjoyable.

A 2016-2017 GLE350 in the $40k range should be reasonably easy to find, check CarGurus.com. For that price and year(s), the model will likely not be highly optioned.

The GLC and C-Class are nice vehicles in my view, nice looking and fun to drive, but are lower to the ground and have a smaller feel, might not be the best for dad.

E-Class generally carry higher price tags, so either older or higher mileage examples would be expected. While larger than the C-Class, the E-Class doesn't feel to me like a "big" vehicle.

The S-Class is the ultimate big guy car with very comfy seats, but expensive and complicated suspensions that are expensive to maintain as they age. A $40k S-Class will be a few years old with high-ish miles.

No experience with the other brands listed.
Appreciate 1