View Single Post
      05-13-2022, 09:49 AM   #22
dmytro98
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: bmw 128i coupe

The ds2500 is definitely the cause of my braking issues. I have a set of Ferodo dsunno on the way that should fix that. I'll try to remember to message you next time I plan a track day aznbo187.

For the e82 platform, it's not too hard to fit 245 square and is what most people run, but that will only fit assuming you have enough camber and rolled fenders. Some people have managed to run 255, but you will need a skinnier Coilover design to really fit those, as with Ohlins, my tires are basically touching my Coilover, and just barely clear my fenders and that's with just a 245.

As far as comparing an e46 m3 to a 128i, think of the 128i as the budget option. It will get you a similar feeling car, but the m3 has much more potential from doing basic bolt-ons. Just power alone a full bolt-on n52 tops out at around 250-260whp, where I've seen the s54 make 350whp+ with just bolt-ons. Handling I can't comment on as I have 0 experience with the e46, but I imagine it's pretty similar, with one easy difference is it's easier to get more tire to fit. The 135i is a great streetcar, but from people I've personally known have said it is not worth the trouble. It'll definitely be fast, but get ready for constant issues, even after you address the stock cooling system. For a track car, I think either the 128i or the m3 are great options depending on your budget.
Appreciate 0