06-06-2015, 08:25 PM   #2
jackp0t
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 135i hybrid widebody project

Went ahead and started my first diy on the 135
Prior to getting started i had no clue on the majority of the components
I recognized the alternator, turbos and intake thats it .lol

The dealer wanted 1k to fix the problem w/ the parts only costing 30$. No thanks bmw

Thank you 1addicts.com!
N54 Oil Filter Housing gasket replacement DIY

3 hours later

Had to pull the Intake manifold to access one of the bolt holding the oil filter housing. why bmw WHY
Opted to stop and just clean the motor from oil residue

to be continued..

On the plus side I know most of the stuff in the bay now:toot:

Finally was able to finish the 135 today after catching the flu on monday then a fever after 2 days (what a shitty start on my week haha)

sorry for the blurry pic i guess im still recuperating.lol

After doing the the Oil filter housing gasket I went ahead and replaced the oil cooler gasket

First fuck up on the car ripped a vacuum hose luckily i had alot of spare parts (im a hoarder that way.lol)

This time around putting it back is a breeze :notbad:
First time air bleeding coolant w/ an electrical waterpump

SUCCESS!

Then i realized the last owner didn't put oil on the air filter so i went ahead and did that

started de-chroming the car

While waiting for the filter to dry i looked up the spark plug interval and its suppose to be at 47k miles so i said what the hell close enough.

I caught break on this one dealer wanted 25 a pop per spark plugs luckily lordco carry the OEM plugs and i got a sweet discount on it :fuckyea:
And of course it needs a special spark plug socket tool :rukidding:

Ideally you would wanna do compression test before you buy the car to see if the motor is healthy but it didnt allow me at that time of the sale and i took a gamble!

and the results are....

A consistent 170 psi! now i can say it was a good buy .lol
I was very nervous when i was doing the test because of my experience with the nsx. Out of 4 nsx(S) that i saw 3 of them had a bad compression test :heckno:

Usually after doing and finishing the job i hate putting it back together but today was an exception i was still riding high on the good compression result .haha

With maintenance out of the way time to mod!!
Appreciate 1