09-22-2011, 04:46 PM   #63
Dackelone
European Editor
Germany
Rep
Drives: N54 e82

Quote:
Originally Posted by blue2fire View Post
I think the reason you don't find them is that only the cheapest manufacturers sell to Costco.

These are made by Kyosho or Minichamps that just price themselves out of the common market with more detail, they are simply not the same, like comparing a 135i to a Hyundai Genesis Coupe. Best chance is trying the dealer or ebay.

I encourage everyone to buy them. Worst case, put them on ebay and get back the $70 or so you paid for it, these things don't lose much value.

+1. Yup, the Kyosho or Minichamps (or even Spark!) models are TOP quality models. Then again if your gonna pay $100(plus) for a small model... you'd hope the quality is there.

The stuff you see at Costo or WallyWorld is like "Burago" quality. Very poor (cheap) detail work.

I saw a report in German Tv on a German company based in China. They make the 1:18 scale (high end) modesl for Mercedes-Benz. A 1:18 SLR Mclaren will set you back a cool 1K euros! But it is exact down to the small stickches on the leather seats and wheel. They can custom make any model you wish. As long as you have the dough.

Dackel
Appreciate 0