Captain
No_Country
Rep
Drives: E87 130i

Garage List
2005 BMW 130i  [5.24]
Quote:
Originally Posted by viciousgook View Post
BC and all associated brands are very meh for performance.. They tend to just make the car "feel" stiff but barely offer any performance gains. I had Megan Racing Coilovers and they were fine for aesthetics and daily duties, but they never really improved the performance aspect of the car. The good thing is they often offer a lot of features for the price, adjustable damping, height, camber plates and all that stuff that we probably don't touch (lol), but it's good to have the options.

I'm currently on Bilstein B14 coilovers, a much, much better suspension than my previous coilovers and a friend's 135i on BC's. They are quite pricey though and you only have height adjustment, though the damping is very well suited for daily driving and great for spirited driving / track. After being on the Bilsteins I doubt I will go back to any budget branded coilover.. The difference is quite significant. In the end, you get what you pay for - and it's also what you're after.

If you're not willing to pay for a decent set of coilovers, it's probably better to get a quality set of lowering springs like H&R or Eibach. Eibach's ride like standard m sport, the H&R's are a little bit stiffer.

I'm on B14, I wouldn't touch BC. For that money- ST (KW) or Bilstein B14.
Appreciate 0