View Single Post
      05-22-2008, 02:40 AM   #11
MVF4Rrider
PCA, BMWCCA
Rep
Drives: 997S, MV Agusta F4, E46 M3

They are mounted and looking good. Unfortunately my wife had to go out of town yesterday on business and I noticed when I got home she had taken my camera with her!!!

Aside from the obvious contrast of black wheels and red paint, the wheel offsets (et 40) are perfect for the car. It's like I have wheel spacers too (but without the added weight). The wheels are now flush with the fender. Also, the spokes are thin so you get a great look at the discs and calipers. On a ordinary car that wouldn't be such a great thing, but on the 135i it looks quite nice to show the brakes.

Another noteworthy comparison to OEM is the added space between the calipers and inside wheel rim. I bet the space doubled on the front. So now cleaning it will be much easier. In addition, I did a lot of driving yesterday (afterwards) and last night I ran my finger across the wheel and it turned my finger black from the brake dust. I couldn't even see the dust really. I'm sure there will be a difference when I wash the wheels, but in the interim you don't notice wheel dust anymore.

and yes I know...this post is worthless without pics. I'll soon remedy that (Sunday?), and hopefully I'll get my spoiler in before the weekend so I can mount that up. Damn USPS!