07-11-2011, 03:11 PM   #34
M3 Adjuster
Banned
Albania
Rep
Drives: 1M, X1 M Sport, E46 325ic

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmboone25 View Post
Interesting. I am about 30 miles from Fort Wayne--haven't been over there in a while.

Any idea on the color combo of this baby?

when I called on July 01, this was for an allocation that could be built and spec'd to order.
One of the two people I sent this to replied over the weekend. He indicated that even though he is an Indiana resident, they were still asking over MSRP, and then told him it was sold when he made a counter offer.

here is what happened (in his words)

" I e-mailed them on the 4th and talked to them on the 5th. They told me it was still available at $5k over MSRP. I told them I was looking to pay MSRP. I committed to have them service the car. They came back to me with $2.5k over MSRP and a $1k coupon for a future purchase. They were very couteous and professional. I told them I wanted to think about it and would call them the next day. When I called back, I told them that I would not be interested in paying over MSRP. They said they had sold it prior to my calling. "

It's possible that the other Indiana resident I sent this to got the spot, but that person has not replied back to me. . The rep I spoke to seemed to be confident that if it did not sell over MSRP that they could spec it out and sell it later off the floor, and that it wold be great for foot traffic as they are a small dealer. If you are that close, it certainly would be worth a call to confirm what ocurred.

Last edited by M3 Adjuster; 07-11-2011 at 03:20 PM..
Appreciate 0