View Single Post
      12-22-2016, 02:04 PM   #53
chadillac2000
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW M3

A small follow up on the RB External PCV system that I have installed:

It's been about 3,500 miles and a full month since I last checked my Mishimoto OCC connected to the RB External PCV system. Even though I thought I could easily make it the full 5,000 miles between oil changes before emptying my catch can (the first week of driving that I had the can installed, I only collected about 10% of the total capacity), I decided to play it safe. After my commute to work, I fully let the car cool down, and then pulled off the Mishimoto OCC to check what the system had prevented from going into my intake tract.

Whoa! Nearly completely full. The lower temperatures and mounting spot away from a heat source probably accounts for the weird consistency and coloring. The bottom portion of the can was a snotty, gunky mess. I ended up spraying the Mishimoto can out with degreaser and gave it a quick cleaning -- looks brand new again.

It looks like I should probably start checking every 2,000 miles or so from here one out just to be safe. Absolutely incredible how much this thing is catching!
Appreciate 2
PKumarM3145.00
lab_rat394.50