Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2012 135i N55 DCT

Quote:
Originally Posted by TridenTBoy View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by dandandan View Post
UPDATE!

The AUX sound quality can be made to sound incredible with HK sound when properly calibrated!!!

No need for the work around or swapping although you can still do that as well.

Firstly I updated the software to CHL_V1.1.5

I get it, sound quality is subjective and this is highly a personal ear perception thing. With that said, these MMI boxes come shipped with literally the worst settings out of the box, hence my quest to try and resolve the audio issues I HAD!!!

The MMI over AUX originally sounded like a tin can 30's talk show, totally flat and devoid of rich details in bass and overall feel.

All it needed was some help from @mastrchee who shared his pro music calibration settings in the F30 MMI thread post (page 27). Yes, it helps to read over 300 pages of that thread LOL.

I took his advice and tweaked things to my taste and now I can honestly say it sounds amazing!

Here are my settings:

Music Volume setting in Andream (new option) set to 6.

Waze: lowered the directions volume to 20.

In idrive tone settings, I increased the bass a bit. Don't forget, these settings do have an impact on the overall sound as well. I plan on playing with the idrive EQ at some point as well but for now it's flat.

In the MMI box EQ is set like this:
That EQ seems rather obscene. Why is it so obscenely off?

What about Siri and other things? This seems like an easy way to blow out your ear drums if you have to set the volume so low. What about when backing up or other car alerts and such?

Also - his EQ he posted seems quite different. https://f30.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh...29&page=27
Ya my version is a bit more punchy but it's much better than how it started off.

My advice is to start with the baseline from the F30 post and adjust to your liking while sampling different songs.

The bass may have been a touch high on my idrive but, it does sound much better now.
Appreciate 0