Rep
Drives: 2011 1M VO

Garage List
2019 VW GTI SE  [0.00]
2020 Tesla M3P  [0.00]
2011 BMW 1M  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by I Love BMW's View Post
Just had my 1200 mile service done today. Everything matches up to the part numbers indicated - except they did change my transmission fluid and put in part number 83-22-0-309-031. My SA has taken good care of me in the past with at least 8 of my BMW's - this is the first time I am questioning what they've done.

Guessing I am going to need to go back to the dealer and get the correct fluid installed. Anyone know which car the fluid they put in mine is for?
That would be LT-2, used in M3 manuals for some time. My guy made the same mistake since BMW sent notice not to replace the trans fluid, which many of the service departments missed; then they just put in what they were used to in "M cars" since never got the bulletin to switch to LT-5 (why should they if not changing? BMW NA logic). My NEW dealer, Patrick in Schaumberg, IL, had no problem getting the right stuff in the 3 days after he told me that I was right about the fluid, and they didn't charge me on the assumption that BMW will pay for it...
Appreciate 0