View Single Post
      10-20-2013, 01:19 PM   #34
R99
Banned
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 2016 330d F31 Touring

OK another update...

The deal on the 135i rear axle parts has not gone as intended as the guy cant separate the rear driveshafts (they are seized) from the parts I need without causing damage. So sadly its back to the drawing board on that one...

Anyway on the bright side I will be sinking the cash I had to one side for those parts into another xenon light - I have FINALLY found a drivers side 1M xenon and I will be ordering it from Germany on Monday

The plan will then be to sell my stock Xenons on eBay and buy some E92 M3 suspension parts to tighten the handling up even more.

The list is as follows:

M3 front lower control arms (x 1 pair)

Xenon light regulator rod from the M3 (x 1 only)

M3 front tension struts (x 1 pair)

M3 rear upper wishbone arms (x 1 pair)

M3 rear upper guide links (x 1 pair)

M3 ABS brackets (x 1 pair)

The beauty of the above items (as I'm sure that most of us already know!!) is that TRW, who are the original manufactures for ///M division, actually sell them themselves as TRW branded "OE spec" items (literally they are the same parts but with with the actual ///M logo ground off) for 1/2 the price of the main dealers!!

The front items add 0.75 deg of neg camber to the set up and widen the track of the front wheels by a further 10 - 12mm (ish)
Appreciate 0