Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2008 135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dackelone
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grinchxvx View Post
Bumppppppp:
The plastic shell on my car is slipping in and out of place with my b&m shifter. I managed to push it back in for now but for a permanent fix I have to push down and twist clockwise so the shell gets locked in correct? What's weird is it's been like that for a while and my car was shifting fine.
You should ALWAYS replace that plastic bearing(#9 bellow) that the shift lever sits inside of. Its cheap and this plastic "bearing" will wear and get brittle over time. Half the time it just falls apart when you remove them.

Attachment 1209635

Another tip would be to use some very LONG(8 inch) needle nose pliers - to remove those c-clips. Also I would have some extra c-clips on hand, bc they too will break or fly off into never never land.

Dropping the exhaust mid pipes - helps with the tight space issue. IF you do that... always replace the mid pipe gaskets. And be prepared to replace the dp's studs - bc they sometimes will snap off. Then you'll need a torch and some new ss bolts/hardware.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mega Man View Post
Ah, I think I'm just going to go with BMW Performance. I like the knob it comes with.

I have the BMW Performance shifter and I LOVE IT!!! The car should have come with it. BMW has stopped producing them... so you better hurry IF you want one.

Dackel
The above is already on the car and has been for a few years, the issue is it developed a up and down play which is the shifter lever popping out of the arm. I don't have to take it completely apart right? The little white bearing/socket is still in good shape. I was hoping just to push it back in
JB4 G5 + BMS race flash, BMS meth kit, VRSF DP, Big tom Ic, BMS chinese tester CP, Custom Muffler Delete, BMS Oil Cooler Valve, Cowl Filters, Clutch Stop, B&M Short Shifter, Spec Stg 2+ Clutch W/ Oem dmfw, Vmr V710, KW v2, M RSFB, 1M Front and rear Bumper, Performance Side Skirts, slek trunk, Lci blacklines.]
Appreciate 0