08-15-2011, 08:52 PM   #40
-satanic-
Private First Class
Australia
Rep
Drives: 2012 BMW 135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taymaishu View Post
Stan, check the paintwork when you get the car - there are likey to be some swirl marks on her from the delivery wash.

If you like, I can check it over and give you a post-delivery detail (clay to remove contaminants from trucking/train, wax etc) to make sure your paint stays awesome.

Check out: http://www.1addicts.com/forums/showthread.php?t=572601

You can be the last one on the "Case of Beer" detail offer!
You are too kind - I'll take you up on the offer, will let you know about the time/date it arrives

Re the case of beer, I personally don't do free work so I don't expect others to do it. Having seen what you did to that Navara, if beer is your thing then we might be talking caseS not case.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustMe View Post
Its gonna be a prick tease for me haha.

I think the rubber needs heating up and cooling down cycles to get to their full rubberyness, thats just a guess though. More likely its just to keep the lawyers happy.

The text doesnt mention for manual or for auto in the run in period section, but in the following DCT section it says to never use the accelerator to keep yourself stable on a hill, its like riding a clutch in a manual I suppose.
From my experience on the test drive, I dont think its otherwise possible to strain the clutch especially without WOT.
Thanks for checking, I'll be sure to ask the dealership.

Interesting thought about the tyres, never thought about them having some sort of cycle.

Build Thread
Appreciate 0