View Single Post
      04-17-2012, 01:18 PM   #11
hybris4u
Captain
Rep
Drives: BMW 1-serie M Coupé and BMW X5

Quote:
Originally Posted by firechicken99 View Post
I get this all the time especially at low speeds in reverse and forward. I figure its a dust cover or something stupid it sounds as if the brake pad sensor (which its not) was hanging and clunking the spokes of the wheel as it spins like a ***clack**clack**clack**clack**clack*
Yes it sound like something would be hitting a metallic heat shield or the metallic brake cover or whats its call. clonk clonk clonk. Almost like something is hanging loose. The strange thing is when I drove it for 30 minutes with windows down, braking, driving slow, hard, braking, steering a lot while driving slow, fast, over bumps etc. It dont sound! I have never heard it before. First time it was a couple of Days ago. And today when going to work (when reversing out of the garage) and when going out after work (reversing out of the garage) for a drive again. After this I drove for 30 minutes to try to get the sound back again. I heard the clonk once when at a traffic light during the 30 minutes drive... The car has like 400 Swedish miles (4000 km). Purely OEM execept the usual BMW performance cosmetics.
Appreciate 0