10-21-2018, 09:33 PM   #18
reisf
Lieutenant
Australia
Rep
Drives: LBB M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by BingoThePyro View Post
@reisf The camera is oem and displays on the idrive screen.
I have also lost the ability to switch to sport/manual mode via gear lever and steering wheel paddles along with the other steering buttons (didn't use that until today).

Photos here https://1drv.ms/f/s!Aki7Pe33c8Vwheo5awLlAU6Mlq9MlA

You can see the PDC taking up the whole screen horizontally and it is normally vertically on the right of the rear camera view.

When using ncs expert I can 'see' the trsvc module but not read it. In ISTA/D that section is 'missing' and I assume linked to CIC-GW module (look at photos link)

To clarify: I did a 'code car' and errored on TRSVC module. To code each module manually, do I select ecu, write, repeat for all of them in the list? (Just don't want to make things worse)

EDIT: Have received two errors around 25km ago:
CAS:
K_CAN_Leitungsfehler, Fehler momentan nicht vorhanden, aber bereits gespeichert
92200 km, 92200 km

CID:
K-CAN Fehler, Fehler momentan nicht vorhanden, aber bereits gespeichert
92200 km, 92200 km

Thanks!
TSRVC appears to be a "Top Side Rear View Video Control" module. This appears to be a module installed on Fxx generation cars

If im honest ive never encountered a e82 1 series with an oem rear view camera system. I'm thinking this has been retrofitted by a previous owner.

It makes sense to me that you got a coding error for the TSRVC because to me it shouldn't exist on that car, and might only have been added to the VO in order to get OEM System working. This also makes sense because ISTA Can't see it.

Did you back up your previous FA String (Vehicle order string) before you started coding your car?

What i think has happened is that the rear view camera system has been retrofitted and the car has been programmed accordingly.

When you reprogrammed your whole car, you overwrote the previous coding options with the newly updated VO (vehicle order). I would go through what NCS reads your VO to be (what you would have programmed your car with and see if you can determine if anything is missing.

Judging by your control unit tree you seem to have a 2010/early 2011 model i would also check to see if your production date in the VO has changed.

Edit: Silly question: Does your horn work?

Last edited by reisf; 10-21-2018 at 09:39 PM..
Appreciate 0