06-14-2010, 12:37 AM   #34
JB135MDCT
I'm just a cook
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 135i DCT

Quote:
Originally Posted by RPM90 View Post
What? What are you talking about in your second paragraph?
Who said that BMW or any dealer is not in business for the money?
Address the points given if you have something to agree or disagree with.
Redefining the question to suit your ability to answer it, is pointless here.

You asked why some lower mileage BMW's are sold without a certified warranty. I gave you some reasons why.
I have no idea what you're discussing now.

Car forums are full of enthusiastic people for sure. That certainly doesn't translate into, enthusiasts know more about cars than BMW engineers.
Enthusiasts can often become over-enthusiastic and promote the concept that more oil changes at lower mileages will result in longer lived engines.
There are enthusiasts who still believe that oil should be changed at 3k and 2k miles. I don't care how enthusiastic they are about that, it's a waste of time, money, and resources.
Woops, got out of sequence. Calm down man. What I was trying to say was that BMW burns less money with longer intervals. Other car manufs make more money with more frequent intervals. Do the math.

You seem to defend BMW engineers rigorously. The same engineers that designed the rear sub-frame of the e36/46? I could go on and on. Majority of the time they do a fine job.

I think your missing the point of forums. Perhaps we have a different understanding of what an enthusiast is? Your use of the term is insulting.

Lets have a poll, Who's engine will live longest? 3k or 18k OCI? Pick one
Appreciate 0