View Single Post
      12-08-2019, 12:56 PM   #47
baege
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2022 Cayman GTS 4.0 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by chassis View Post
Smiles per mile, naturally aspirated, manual transmission and least depreciation and maintenance. Are those all of your requirements?

You mentioned the R8 V10. Do your requirements include Audi brand, German design or V10 engine? What other requirements do you have? What about year (age) and mileage?

Probably need more discussion on how a smile is generated. Acceleration? Top speed? Lateral acceleration? Exhaust sound, based on the word "screaming" in the original post? Admiration from strangers?

The original post seems to rule out Porsche. Do you agree? What else is ruled out?

What was your favorite car when you were 17-25 years old, assuming you are older than those ages now? Forgive the assumption, if it is incorrect.

Median price $150k?
great questions!

definitely not tied to the audi brand, or any particular engine design, not necessarily ruling out porsches, but I've had 2 before and I feel like something different might be the right move

my experience is that of the cars I've owned, the naturally aspirated manual cars are the ones I've enjoyed most
as for what brings me smiles, low end torque is something I appreciate (I find in a big city like the one I live in, it's hard to find chances to really rev a car out, which is a frustration I felt with the porsches I had), I value beauty and aggressive design, immediate throttle response, engine and exhaust sound, smooth buttery engine feel, handling is something I enjoy but I don't track my cars

I am not into prestige or impressing others, it's all about the drive for me

This would be a purely street special occassion car. Max budget I guess about 200k cdn. Yes looking for a more modern car with low mileage.

my fave car back back then is hard to remember, but it was probably a porsche 911
Appreciate 1
chassis6537.50