View Single Post
      09-14-2016, 11:21 AM   #58
Kgolf31
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2007 Z4MC, 2012 128i

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcaron9999 View Post
The bolts on top of the GC plates have been elongated to reach through the strut tower.
PM me and I will pass on my reference that designed this for me.
Here are instructions from him:

Your indicator plates need to go between the camber plate and the red spacer, not between the red spacer and the chassis.

The red spacers are engraved beside the phillips screw in the top to show which side of the car they go on. The screws are locating pegs and should not be removed. This arrangement fixes the indicator plate relative to the car, rather than letting it float around. It also biases the plates in the direction of more camber, so it permits you to select the maximum possible camber within the range of the slotted holes in chassis and the camber plates.

Because of the long screws, you may have to remove the camber plates from the strut to get the bolt plates installed.

I am sending you my old camber plate bodies along with a set of oilite bushings. The slots in my plates have been widened by just a bit so that the oilite bushings fit. This results in a much smoother adjustment of the plates and constrains the movement to a pure camber change, rather than being sloppy in the caster direction. "

Sorry going back to this.

Does this allow more camber by letting the nut above the camber plate to get below the shock tower and avoid hitting hit?
Appreciate 0