View Single Post
      10-26-2016, 03:32 AM   #14
vMPM
Private
Rep
Drives: E87 130i M Sport

On Saturday, I got a new set of tyres. I went with Federal 595RSRR in 225/40/18 all round.

I wanted a square setup as I much prefer the way a car with square stance handles. I decided that although the Style 208 were not square, a 0.5inch difference in width would be negligible and that both 7.5j and 8j were a good fit for 225 width rubber.

The reason I went with Federal 595RSRR is that I plan to only run this set of tyres for a few months until APEX do another manufacturing run of EC7 in 1er offsets. Once I can finally get my hands on a set of APEX EC7, the plan is to run 245 square. By the way, if anybody has a set of APEX EC7 and would be interested in selling, let me know!

Since I will only be running the tyres for a few months I thought I would save a bit of money and go with these instead of the usual AD08R/RS3. I'm also keen to try the 595RSRR on track and see how they compare to the more expensive AD08R/RS3, I've heard lots of good things about them.

First impressions based on street driving:
- much more front end grip
- tyres were fine in the wet, performed much better than expected
- the tyres are noisy

I bought the tyres and had them fitted at Toledo Tyre Care in Dandenong. I would highly recommend them, they were very cool guys who I enjoyed talking cars with and they gave me the best price of the 10 or stores I called for a quote. They were also surprised to see my car turn up, they couldn't believe that I was putting 595RSRRs on it haha - apparently they were expecting a track car.

Here are some pics:

Appreciate 1