View Single Post
      10-20-2015, 05:15 PM   #82
RJ_
Baby-faced Assassin
No_Country
Rep
Drives: when car isn't broke.

TL;DR - Drove an hour, car wasn't there, insulting salesman, tried to hide damage that occurred after negotiating before I picked the car up, ran credit without permission.

Story:
My current car was a little over an hour away on a Chevy dealership's used car lot.

I was in contact with their internet sales manager multiple times over the course of a week. Set an appointment, had it confirmed the morning of, made the drive over there only to find out they drove the car that morning to a sister dealership on the other side of the state.

Salesman I had been contacting was nowhere to be found. Not a single person bothered to ask if I needed anything. I did really want this car though, so I tolerated more than I should have looking back.

Fast forward to negotiating. I was trading in a lease at the time, so we had to contact the original dealership. My uncle works for the dealership I got the car from. We make some phone calls. Of course, dickhead salesman starts making derogatory remarks to my face about how "they're a bunch of idiots" and "don't know what they're doing" despite being fully aware of my relationship to them.

This wasn't an isolated incident either. My father works for the bank that was doing my financing (salesman also knew this), albeit in a different department than personal loans. I didn't witness this, but I got a call from my dad about 5 minutes after dickhead called the bank. He wanted to know what this guy's deal was that he was being such an ass to the branch manager; swearing, again saying they don't know what they're doing, and then hanging up on them.

This was Monday. They tried playing hardball, but I had the bank on my side and knew what I was going to pay. Eventually I got the price I wanted.

Friday comes and I go to pick up the car. Hindsight 20/20, I should have looked over the car again. But we sign the paperwork and I go to drive off the lot. Turn the car on and it is making this awful, LOUD noise that was NOT there just a few days earlier. It was extremely noticeable, yet there was no mention of this. I checked it out in a lot across the street, determined it wasn't dire, and went on my way. I immediately notified them of the situation and of course they took no responsibility.

Zero professionalism, zero tact, and zero integrity. Cunts.

Inconvenient, but my car is awesome so it was totally worth it.
Appreciate 0