09-22-2017, 09:38 AM   #76
tjswarbrick
<(O0=[][]=0O)>
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2012 N55 E88

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dackelone View Post
Great! I really love my 550i shifter installed on my e39/540i. Even though the throw must be close to the Perf SSK on my 135i... the 55i shifter just feels better to me. I don't know what it is... but I really like the 550i shifter.

Yep, now you know what I meant about bending the shift lever so it sits right in the 135i.

take care,
Dckel
I know, and I knew. I just had some trouble setting it up, and told myself "maybe it's close enough".
Then I buttoned it all up before checking, because - midnight. And couldn't undo since I had to drive to work in the morning.

As it is, it feels amazing shifting into 2nd and 4th!
5th and 6th give interference issues, and R, 1 and 3 feel a little rubbery. But I'm pretty sure that in addition to stretching out the boot on each of those, I'm also running into the foam inner surround. Gonna try to clear it up this weekend.
Aluminum trim Ring and longer leather boot are on order, but not expected for a little while yet.

I think the thing that feels amazing about this shifter lever is the height.
Shifts like a little snick-snick stubby jobby, but your hand is in a comfortable position away from the console and up near the steering wheel.
Makes me feel like I'm shifting a race car!

For me, it also makes the CDV delete, UCP, and exhaust work in perfect harmony on every shift. Just a delight to run through the gears.
Appreciate 1
Dackelone10588.50