Mega Man
エアーマンが倒せない
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2009 135i

Garage List
2009 135i  [0.00]
New to the Forums

Wish there was an "Introductions" Forum, so I hope this is the appropriate forum to post in. This is a bit about me and my journey towards the 135i.

Just ordered my 135i yesterday, the invoice at the time had code 112 on it.

It'll be Alpine White with a black interior and high gloss black trim (probably going to re-do the trim with carbon fiber; the 1 Series Accessory book made it look sexy).

I didn't add a lot in terms of options and accessories. I just added:
Comfort Access (Open door, no key required. Push button start, no key required)
Power Front Seats (thinking on it now, probably not needed)
BMW Assist (more for the Bluetooth capability than the safety addition, but added safety is always a plus)
Premium Hi-Fi (man, do I love music, and if anything can make it sound better then I'm getting it)
iPod and USB Adapter (did I mention I love music?)

And that's pretty much it. In the past, I've modified little rice-rockets and had lots of fun. This car however, will remain basically as stock as can be. One thing I've learned over the years of modifying cars is the more mods you put on, the more problems that come up; and fewer ways to fix it.

Anyway, I hope to have a lot of fun on this forum, meet other 1Addicts, and learn a lot about the 135i that I've finally decided on after long debates in my head about which car to get. I knew I wanted a turbo rear-wheel drive with more power than a four-banger.

Other cars considered:
Lancer Evo (Really, this was the only "competitor" for the 135i; but it is kind of a different kind of beast. Ultimately, I decided not to get it because of the attention it would draw)
G37 (The exhaust note on this car sounds so nice. It drove nicely, had a nice interior and the back seats were just as cramped as they are on the 1. It just wasn't turbo charged)
WRX STi (Fun to drive, sounds like a beast. Gas mileage plus high gas prices turned me away, as well as the attention it grabs)
335 (Another BMW. Larger seating room, a larger car. I was looking through the brochure last night and was hoping I had made the right decision on the 1 (the 3 looks great!). I actually chose the 1 because I liked the way it looked over the 3, though I know my point of view on this is the minority.)

Finally though, it was the 135i that got me. It was what I was looking for, rear-wheel drive and turbo-charged.

Well, thanks for reading. I know it was long. Nice meeting you all.
Appreciate 0