View Single Post
      12-20-2007, 02:11 PM   #60
Fast Kiwi
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Si Z4R & Si X3

Quote:
Originally Posted by larryn View Post
It is laziness, plain and simple. They know it takes more effort to arrange an ED (though it's not that much more effort). The profit between a US delivered MSRP sold car and a ED car sold at ED MSRP is identical for the dealer, and the CA money should be the same, but that's up to the owner of the dealer. If it's not the same, then that is an issue with the owner and CAs, and smacks of sheer greed, and unwillingness to do a damn thing for a customer plunking down cash.

I'm still calling the 135i a huge bait n switch car, to get people in a 3er. Only for the reason of the ED allocation issue, and the limiting of 1er allocations overall for the US.

how do you really feel... lol
there's no extra work involved.. and it is money.. not to mention.. there will be a much higher demand for cars on the ground and taking care of the lesser of two evils is the key point here.. satisfy the greater need..
I still agree with you... I just have to be realistic about it now so when the time comes i can explain this to my clinets early on i guess.
Appreciate 0