View Single Post
      02-23-2016, 06:33 AM   #28
TechieCarGuy
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2011 E91, 2008 Z4

Sorry for the delay in my getting back to this thread, but its been a busy few week. Since I've been away, I have installed and connected my fuse block and finished running my new wiring harness.

I also fabricated a mount for my amplifier. Since my car started as a base Stereo model, I didn't have the bracket that cars with the upgraded audio system came with so I ordered one for about $30 and made my own modifications to bolt down my amplifier.

Next I test fitted the amp and made all my connections.

Now I have a 6 channel amp (85watts/ channel) in the factory location and that is completely hidden and out of the way. I chose this Clarion over the JL 6 channel (which has nearly identical specs) due to this being a Marine grade amplifier and slightly better in the event I spilt something in the trunk or moisture builds. I also liked the screw terminals which offer a more secure/ permanent solution.

In my next update, I'll discuss these... While I don't doubt the MB Quarts and this amp will sound fine. The custom installer and competitor in me wanted something more and since I have not seen to many installs using these "entry level drivers" I figured I'd give them the justice they deserve.

Last edited by TechieCarGuy; 02-23-2016 at 07:51 AM..
Appreciate 1