View Single Post
      06-26-2009, 03:26 AM   #90
shadowiix
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 128i

just installed the bar tonight in the dark 11pm because i was too excited. thought it would be a simple install, as all you have to do really is remove 6 nuts and two bolts altogether. easy enough. the bar fits, but had to work carefully as the diangler support bars dont have a lot of vertical movement to work with. as i went to bolt up my bolts again thinking this was way to easy, only 5 of the 6 nuts went in as smoothly as removing them. Having not tighten all the nuts and bolts yet, i tried to move the bar around to see if it would help, it didnt. the nut i am trying to tighten is located in one of the water well looking holes, the nut would not line up for whatever reason. having done this in the middle of the night i didnt have any open hardware stores to get a nut without the washer built into it. lucky i had removed my center console ealier this week and remembered that i seen a nut that might work. found it and installed the nut into that hole, while replacing the other nut (with the washer base) back into the center console slot. tightened everything and gave my car a run around the local runabout and a couple of freeway ramps. the car feels more solid around corners, which is just what i wanted. the bar seems to make me notice the understeer this car has more than before. being tired and somewhat frustrated with the install i will just say i was relieved with the results. i will post more pictures up when i get the chance and show you guys the area i was having problems with. A great bar even though mine wasnt the perfect bolt on.

Name:  IMG_0217.jpg
Views: 1345
Size:  263.1 KB

Name:  IMG_0220.jpg
Views: 1371
Size:  229.6 KB

Last edited by shadowiix; 06-26-2009 at 04:28 PM..
Appreciate 0