View Single Post
      01-06-2017, 09:35 AM   #51
Muppet
Private
Rep
Drives: 2011 135i M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by bNks334 View Post
I am guessing all updating the VO code does is add servotronic, but it's not coded for M3 rack servotronic, just the regular servotronic coding that base EU cars get? Basically, the base servotronic coding doesn't match the ratio of the M3 rack.

The 1M gets servotronic with the same rack as the M3. Maybe you can flash the 1M zb to the JBBF2 module?

I ask because my power steering rack is weeping fluid at the seals into the boots. If it gets worse I'll just move to the M3 rack since they can be found for just as cheap on EBAY
The IM has a M3 steering pump which I think is larger than the pump in a 135i. I think that has an effect. The weight when the servotronic is working is still not light at parking speed but not unpleasantly so. With no servotronic you really have to heave on the wheel. This not helped by my car having 245 fronts and 1 degree increased castor.

I have power running to the servo valve but it is unstable and this is the problem If I add a fixed voltage, say from a 6v battery to test the valve the weight was far too light but everything worked. I get a variable voltage while the car is running from 3.7 to 5.7v with no real consistency. Very strange.

When coding I found I had to bring the car back to scratch and then add the option and then a whole of car coding. I think there are changes to other ecu's other than the JBBF.

I have tried to obtain the 1M trace files to do a comparison of the JBBF but no luck to this point. I have obtained a trace file of all the applicable codes including the servotronic codes I have found extra lines of code but have not found what ecu they are posted to.

All very strange but I do like a challenge.

By the way the addition of the rack is worthwhile. The steering is sports car accurate and fast at normal road speed.
Appreciate 0