05-22-2010, 04:08 AM   #4
JBW
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2010 135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by escobar929 View Post
if you paid by labor by credit card, im sure you can recoup some of this by calling your CC company and letting them know what happened
I'm looking into it. Thanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by larryn View Post
Hmmm. Seems AST could be responsible for some of your issues, if you read this VERY similar slam post on BRRacing: http://www.1addicts.com/forums/showthread.php?t=388448

JBW, did you try to work anything out with the shop yet? You did not mention if you did, but if you have not, you certainly should. I have only heard of positive things of Dimitri, but have no first hand experience.
That BRracing post, written by me, explained the vendor/purchase side of this story. The installation shop side of this story is entirely different. The vendor was ultimately responsible for providing the correct, as they described, "bolt-on" assemblies that would meet my desired ride height, etc. The shop was responsible to follow my directions and ensure, via proper measurements, that all would go on with no issues. (They confirmed that they would in fact do this.) Then, install all items properly, inspect that there were no issues, etc. These are two separate parties with different responsibilities altogether. They both failed.

I went back to the shop to have the issues remedied. But, when pointing out all the issues, in the mildest and friendliest manner, I was met with an absolutely bad attitude. They took no responsibility whatsoever. I left the shop, never to return.

Dimitri handles the communication side of things only. It's Lenny that "runs" the shop. It's his place. Lenny positioned himself as fully "race prep. capable," which is exactly what I was looking for. From my experience, he clearly did not have the talent needed and/or just didn't care very much. I should have known when I dropped the car off to turn around immediately as Lenny put down my suspension and exhaust choices as soon as I began discussing them with him. (I'll never frequent any establishment again that has that kind of attitude from the start.)

Last edited by JBW; 05-22-2010 at 08:37 AM..
Appreciate 0