View Single Post
      01-31-2015, 08:43 PM   #110
dcaron9999
Major
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2011 135i M package

I'm struggling with the proper next suspension modification on my 2011 135i. I had my mind set on KW CS coilovers but don't want to give up my wide tires (see my signature). This means I need to replace my KW CS springs with shorter springs so that my tires don't rub on the spring perch. Expensive proposition, as I might even need to change my wheels.

Ideally I would like to keep my stock height, get a good damper and spring combination that will perform the best on the track and be decent on the street. I want to reduce body lean in curves. I want to reduce low speed understeer. I want to dial back my front camber which is at - 3.2*...

Thinking about an E93/M3 front sway bar, stiffer or stock springs (2011 135i has linear springs) that are close to stock height, and matched dampers that are corrosion resistant, that will not break the bank. Dont really need infinite damper or height adjustment, but would be just a "nice to have" for me. I would rather have a damper/spring combo with longevity, performance, and low maintenance.

The B12 Kit or just B8 dampers with Swift spec-R springs seem like what I need ...
2011 X3 35i with M pack + 2011 135i w/6SPMT | 255 square tire setup | Quaife 3.46 LSD | Diff lock down bracket | Bilstein B8+Swift SpecR springs+H&R FSB | CDV delete | BMS Oil Tstat bypass | ER FMIC & CP | N54Tuning DP | GC Street Camber Plates | M3 FCA +guide rods+RSFB's+Tranny mounts | Manzo toe arms | Cobb Stg2 agressive tune | Hawk DTC70 brake pads | RB SS brake pistons | Goodridge SS brake lines | Custom brake cooling ducts

Last edited by dcaron9999; 02-03-2015 at 07:13 PM..
Appreciate 0