View Single Post
      12-05-2016, 01:09 PM   #1
Jsrod87
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2008 135i

Exclamation 08 135i Engine Code P0221 and P0121

Please help. Engine light came on about 4 weeks ago after hitting a nasty pot hole and car went into limp mode. I let car rest for about 20 minutes and it was gone. Driving home about 3 weeks ago it came back on. When accelerating and letting off gas car sort of jerked, felt like coming from rear. Drove home, that weekend my neighbor has a scanner and we pulled codes P0221 and P0121 which is throttle pedal position sensor. We read and people said clean map sensor, throttle body, check plus and coils. Did all that. Went away for about a week. Driving home from work a week later, when it was really cold, after about 7 minutes of driving check engine light came on and same symptoms when accelerating. For the last week light been coming on and off. Went to oriley, they pulled same code. I'm thinking maybe throttle body. Plugs we're done at 60k, has all new coils. I'm doing plugs again at 85k, in 5k miles. Made an appointment with local bmw specialty shop. Seeing if I can fix on own though and if it is just throttle body. If it is, do I need bmw tool to recalibrate? Any ideas on what it could be??? I've read tons of people have same issue. I'm not sure what it could be.

Thanks for your help in advance. I just bought the car 4k miles ago.....
Appreciate 0