02-05-2018, 06:28 PM   #48
chris_flies
Sideways and Smiling
Rep
Drives: In Exuberance

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by BimmerAg View Post
One thing I've been considering (inspired by Matticus91 ) is to do the quad exhaust with the left side being left essentially stock, and then running an electric cutout with a straight pipe to the right side. I'm not sure if there's room under there to do it, but it sounds like a cool idea if you're doing a custom exhaust anyway!
I've been thinking of this before I began browsing the forums! I guess great minds think alike . This is where dad would step in and say "Small minds seldom differ..."

Execution would be interesting, I'd have to have the pipes routed very precisely to avoid a) the subframe, battery tray, and bumper cover b) the fuel vapor filter, which is presumably filled with fuel vapors, and won't take kindly to heat. I could also just swap battery trays and heat shields like you're supposed to, and make it all easier...
Matticus913474.50
Esteban43658.00
BimmerAg425.00