View Single Post
      07-24-2018, 01:58 PM   #13
The Wind Breezes
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 135i N55 DCT

Quote:
Originally Posted by inevitab1e View Post
I do understand what you're saying. I already paid for the JB4 long ago. There's nothing wrong with allowing the JB4 to run the boost. The targets are higher as well. I don't want to have to press an extra button when I start the car. I don't want to have to connect a cable to clear an annoying CEL telling me I have a downpipe installed 3x a day. I don't want to monitor my engine via cable.

What else do you want to know? You do realize a BEF is essentially the same thing as a normal flash minus the boost?
Press a button? I hold the thing down for three seconds every time I start the car to turn DSC fully off. Pressing DSC once gives you a shitty experience that won't let you drive the car even close to its limits. I assume you mean DSC anyway. If you think that one feature is worth having a JB4, that's up to you, but really, that is very silly.

As far as targeting boost, a tune can target literally whatever you want...The only limit is what the MAP sensor can read and what your turbo can flow. Have you even opened a bin in tunerpro and seen how it works? You could even tune the car yourself...it's not that hard. The JB4 has absolutely ZERO advantage here, except quick change of boost limits...which again you can do with a 3 minute reflash in the rare event that you need to change that.

Finally, you may find it interesting that every stage 2 flash tune out there disables the CEL for a catless downpipe. Not to mention they actually let you get the car inspected (in most states) and hook whatever you want up to the OBD port, because the JB4 hasn't hijacked the whole canbus.

Now that these misconceptions have been corrected, what say you?
Appreciate 0