11-15-2018, 04:34 AM   #19
Dackelone
European Editor
Germany
Rep
Drives: N54 e82

Quote:
Originally Posted by needalifesoon View Post
I seen that video before.. sounds great!
From my understanding the bmw ppk will give more burbles than loudness. That would cost me $1175 from BMW..

I don’t really know much about tunes.. if I were to do a JB4 I read that I would have to replace a lot of things sooner. I’m not sure that would be worth it as I just got the car. Still gotta pay it off.

Do you have the Y-pipe or just the PE?

I have the PE which deletes the rear resonator with a Y-pipe bypass. I have both main cats and secondary cats installed(in that video). I have a German flash tune running 1bar of boost(~14.7 psi) and tuned to run on premium fuel(98 octane SuperPlus fuel over here, which is equal to 93 octane in the states).

My tune makes 380 PS and 520Nm of torque and has an open V-Max(~285 kph).

When most users here say they have a PE... they have also installed the y-pipe which comes in the kit.

PE = Performance Exhaust for the 135i...
Name:  performance exhaust+stainless_steel.jpg
Views: 1200
Size:  42.3 KB

Name:  Performance Exhaust  PE.png
Views: 1217
Size:  30.3 KB

rear resonator which gets deleted with the y-pipe.
Name:  Performance Exhaust_OE_resonator_.jpg
Views: 1200
Size:  363.8 KB

Y-pipe and PE muffler...
Name:  Perf Exhaust.JPG
Views: 1215
Size:  96.6 KB

close up of the PE Y-pipe...
Name:  Performance  Exhaust_Y-pipe1t.jpg
Views: 1494
Size:  944.5 KB

Since you have an early N54... You can flash your DME to run the Alpina software tune, which is out there on the interwebs. This tune will give you about 360 PS on an otherwise stock car. There is also an Alpina transmision tune, that is also out there on the interwebs... for BMW's 8AT. The Alpina tunes are the best bang for the buck!! But it only works for early 135i's... '08's and '09's with MDS 080(DME's).

You can also buy BMW's factory PPK tune online from say Getbmwparts.com or the like... I think for about $700 for the sw code. Then pay a dealer to do the install/update - usually they charge one to two hours labor rate to do so.

IF you had a N55, someone has uploaded BMW's PPK tune, on the interwebs as well. You can find it and download it to your car.

Dackel
Appreciate 1
Esteban43596.50