11-17-2019, 02:18 PM   #29
seis-speed
#savethemanuals
United_States
Rep
Drives: 1M | GT3 | J392 | GRc

Quote:
Originally Posted by champignon View Post
I have adaptive suspension on my VW Golf R.

Meh.
I am considering a Golf R addition for winter driving.

One thing I really liked on my test drive was how much I shifted, the gears are pretty short, you actually shift a lot in the car which was great. I am sure it will bore me a bit over time, but I took a flyer on a hot hatch (Focus RS) and it was great, really fun car, amazing really, but it was a little stiff for ski-trips where you go over countless ice-bumps.

The hot-hatch segment is my favorite segment currently, I would have never thought that, but it is still an enthusiast segment with good competition and manual transmissions filled with cars that can be enjoyed at reasonable speed for now..... I fear the Audi/Merc/BMW inclusion will ruin the segment as they focus on 0-60 times and HP wars, but for now, it is a great segment.

As for this thread, I drove an M2C yesterday and I would advise other's to do the same, it was OK, but I much prefer the 1M. 1M feels much smaller, lighter, fun at slow speeds, and steering input is night and day different. M2C is a great looking car and I can see why people love it, it just does not drive how I want a my fun compact-car to drive. At the limit it is probably amazing. If going with a new BMW, I would much prefer the practicality of 4-doors, since I don't like BMW EPS steering, so I plan to get a G80 manual down the road as a daily driver/kid hauler with an older car as my "fun car".

YMMV
Appreciate 1
champignon1565.50