MPBK
Everyday I'm shuffling
United_States
Rep
Drives: '12 SG 135i DCT; '18 MG M2 DCT

Quote:
Originally Posted by RPM90 View Post
I agree.
And worse, manual trans only gets a 17lb ft or extra torque?
That sucks.
Auto trans gets nearly double the additional torque.
It's not like the MT or DCT couldn't handle such a modest increase in torque.
32lb ft would be a better sell, if all trans types got it.
If they offered 32lb ft, constant, with the "over boost" to say, 250lb ft, then it would make it much more interesting.

As it is it's only good for those who want a little extra oomph while retaining factory warranty. And that's good.
Not worth $700 with install imo.
Too little for too much.
Other than no warranty worries, JB+ gives you more for less, and it's very easy to install.

If this tune really does improve throttle response I'd like hear it.
I don't know if we'll get real info there though. Most people will feel the added power and confuse it with "quicker" throttle response.
If truly throttle response is fixed with this software, then I'd like to ask BMW to fix my stock engine, cause after my last software "update", my throttle response went downhill. They can keep the 20hp and 17lb ft, and just give me the better throttle response. And for the removed power exchange for throttle response, they can do my software for free.
I've been asking and asking my dealer to fix it, but they say BMW doesn't have a fix, hell they don't even acknowledge a problem.
Seems they might have a fix, and it'll cost me $700 to fix it.
Ever heard of Class Action Suit?
As head of the class you could get a bunch of dough (not as much as the lawyers, but still a big bunch) while the rest of the class get the usual $1.50 each.
Appreciate 0